• Award exceution

If an arbitration award execution is sent to a local court to be executed, can that be challenged or can an out of court settlement be tried to reduce the award amount esp when the calimants part is only heard.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Trivandrum, Kerala
if you are aggrieved by award you have to make an application for setting aside award before the local court within period of 30 days from date of receipt of award . you can file consent terms in the local court
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can make settlement at any time provided both the parties are ready for that
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, you  can challenge the award by way of filling arbitration suit or else you can settle the matter amicable.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

An arbitration award can be challenged within 30 days from the date on which the award is served. The passing of an award does not preclude the parties from entering into an out of court settlement.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer