• Cheque bounce

Dear Sir,

I gave Rs 5,00,000 to my friend for business and he gave me cheque of same amount for guarantee.And he promished that if i need my money back than let me know 1 month advance so that i will return your money.And when i asked my money back before 2 months than he is not ready to pay the amount.So please suggest what should be the path forward.As i have cheque in hand.
S Kumar
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Delhi, Delhi
First of do not worry,do you have any receipts of receiving cash from your friend,how do you prove that you have given your friend this amount,is there any witness.can you prove your source of money from which you have given the amount,kindly explain in detail for proper advice.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Fill up the cheque and present it to bank for encashment. If it bounces then issue a lawyer's notice for recovery of money, and file a case for his prosecution for cheque bonce if he does not honor the notice. Simultaneously, file a case for recovery of amount advanced along with interest and the amount you incur on availing the services of your lawyer.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

depositt the cheque . in the event cheque bounces issue legal notice under section 138 of NI calling upon your friend to pay sum of Rs 5 lakhs within period of 15 days from date of receipt of notice . 

in the vent he fails to make payment file complaint before magistrate court for dishonour of cheque . 

it is advisable to also file summary suit under order XXXVII of CPC for recovery of sum of Rs 5 lakhs with interest .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Agree with Mr. sethi
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer