• Father sold Grandfathers property without grand children consent.

dear sir,

    my father has sold a property bought by my grand father when we were minors.
we had no idea about that property recently one of our relatives asked us what happened to the property then only i came to know about that.my father is not staying with me.my mother stays with me.Is there any legal procedure to claim that property as grand children.The property was bought by my grand father with his earnings. And the property was divided between my father and his elder brother through court.please help me in this regards.

Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
it was your grand father self acquired property . on his death your father and uncle were only legal heirs . 

your father can sell the property without your consent . 

you cannot claim any share in sale proceeds .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47766 Answers
2833 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can claim if your father further invested the amount in in other property or has FD in his name on the basis that the amount which he is holding is that of his father.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, pls inform to us when the sale taken place, when you came to know the knowledge of the sale......... if the property is ancestral then all the legal heirs have right in the property and you have to file suit for partition of the property against your father.........
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If the property was purchased by your grand father with his own earnings, and its division had taken place through a court order then your father had absolute right to sell the same unless your grand father made a will. You have no right to lay a claim for apportionment of sale proceeds.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer