• Partition of inherited land among children

We are 4 children (3 sons, 1 daughter; all are married and have children). Our ancestral property of agricultural land  and a house in a village is still in the name of our deceased mother. The original property belongs to our grandfather. He had two sons (one of them is our father).  As partition was not done during my father's life time, the title for my father's share was transferred to my mother. Now, she is also no more.

We would now like to partition the land among the four of us. All of us are in good terms (no disputes). What is the procedure to follow?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bengaluru, Karnataka
is there any will of your mother ,if not then obtain letter of administration/sucession certificate  from court of the jurisdiction of the property on the basis of 1/4 share in your mother property
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

. make an application for mutation of property in name of legal heirs in name of 4 children . enclose copy of death certificate . notice will be issued to all legal heirs . if no objection received property would be transferred in name of legal heirs . you can then enter into partition deed or deed of family settlement .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47785 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you to make partition through registered partition deed. dividing the property amongst your brother and sister.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

execute a partition deed in the sub-registrar office.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Apply for mutation of property in your names. If all the legal heirs are into a consensus to divide the land equally by honouring reciprocal rights then application for mutation will be allowed without any legal hassles. Once mutation takes place then make a deed of partition to be signed by all the legal heirs. This will complete the process of division.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hire an advocate to effect the division the property among you through family partition Deed and get it registered.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
117 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer