1. First of all enquire whether Agricultural land can be purchased by a non agriculturist (if you are a non agriculturist), in your state,
2. If yes, then for constructing any house there upon, you are required to convert the said land or part thereof to non agricultural land or Bastu land by applying before the BLRO/DM,
3. You ca conduct registry search for ascertaining the title holder of the said property,
4. For constructing a house thereupon and for getting water supply, you need to have your plan sanctioned by the municipal authority and you will not get the said sanction unless the land is converted to Bastu,
5. Ask the seler to conver the land to non agricultural land or Bastu land before you buy the same.