• False Judgement as claimed by father of accused

Hello Sir,

My maternal uncle (mother's brother) is provided a life imprisonment in 2009 for false accusation of murder in 1991. My grandfather (mother's father) has been fighting the case since five years but all appeals in the court is rejected. He and his family are going through worse days of their life. He has written this small preface here: http://goo.gl/jbGzaC. 

I would like to know what could be further steps, he can take in order to save his son. There are many other supporting documents which I can provide if you are willing to look into the case. 

Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
you can file appeal in high court against this conviction
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Challenge this judgement before Supreme Court and seek release from this Apex Court.
Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

The facts as stated by you are not clear as to how you could prove that the accusation on the accused were false. If the appeal has been dismissed by the High Court, an Special Leave Petition challenging the conviction can always be filed in the Supreme Court of India. Kindly detail the supporting documents you are talking about.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

u have not clearly mentioned the court of conviction. if it is district court then u can appeal in high court. plz call to make your question more clear
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

only appeal in high court or supreme court will help you
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

If his appeal has been dismissed by the High Court then the only legal recourse left open is to challenge the judgment of High Court in the Supreme Court. Legal battles require financial preparedness. There is no alternative to moving the Supreme Court of India. 

If there are some documents in your possession which bear testimony to the innocence of your maternal uncle then there is every likelihood that he may be set free by the Supreme Court on an appeal made to it.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Agree with experts, appeal before Higher Court will lie otherwise no relief or alternative is possible
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4869 Answers
222 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer