• Family Property Issues

my father has a property in my native place. he and my brothers stay there and are trying to remove my name from the property documents. they are forcing my father to do the same.
The 'will' states that my father can change the names at anytime. so my father is forced to changes names and the amounts to be divided. but my father will not accept that he is being forced. so now I dont know if they names have been changed.
Please guide me with this!
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Hi, when the property is ancestral property, then you have the share in the property, you have to verify the revenue documents, if your name is removed, you have to file objection to the change made.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

contact a local lawyer . necessary to see the will . whether it is self acquired or ancestral property? . on basis of legal advice take necessary steps  as without seeing the documents it is difficult for us to advice
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45747 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if it is a ancestral property then ,your share can not be taken,incase of self acquired property transfer of property in the name of your other brothers ,it will be considered as gift and they will be required to pay stamp duty on that.in case of will they will get the property only after death. any way what has to done has been with consent of your father,unless he makes a statement in this regard
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Who originally purchased this property? Who wrote the will? The legal action which needs to be taken resort to can be determined only after a threadbare perusal of the will. It is impossible for us to apply our legal mind unless and until we have the will in front of us. Contact a lawyer and show him the will so that he may enlighten you with your rights, if any,  in the property and also the legal recourse you may follow to protect those rights. Thereafter, proceed in accordance with the advice obtained. 

Act swiftly lest your rights are impaired.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer