• Lending money by credit card

Sir I gave money to my friendon trust basis  from my credit card he returned me my half money but on remaining g money he is giving back. Which ever chqs he gives it bounce and I got all transaction reports of taking money. And more ever he miss used my card also.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
how much is balance amount due and payable ? if cheque has been dishonoured issue legal notice under section 138 Ni . in case your friend refuses to pay within period of 15 days from date of receipt of notice then file complaint under section 138 read with section 141 of NI act . you can also file summary suit under order XXXVII of CPC for recovery of your money
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47785 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file a complaint under 138ni after giving legal notice,maximum punishment is 2 years and fine is the double the amount of cheque which got bounced,since it is compoundable you can get your all amount before compounding it.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

what do you want from us?
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4910 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear client you have to give a legal notice under NIA &then file a complaint for the cheque bounce.
Smita Shah
Advocate, Hyderabad
12 Answers
1 Consultation

4.5 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice to your friend as the cheques have bounced due to insufficiency of amount standing to his credit in his account. If the amount is not paid back after he receives the notice then move to the court and file a case for cheque bounce and also recovery of money covered by the cheque. 

If he has misused your credit card then file a police complaint under IT ACt.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer