• Division of ancestoral property

Dear Sir/Madam,

My great grandfather's property was divided amongst his three sons on a mutual consensus without preparing any legal document. Now, my late grand father also didn't prepare any legal will about distribution of property among his seven sons. My father passed away approximately 30 years ago and my mother brought me up with my maternal grandfather's support. 
Now my mother and myself have been asking our uncles to divide the property equally and give our share. The request has always gone unheard and nothing has happened as yet. They are selling the properties as per ther wish. 
Would like to know what is legal way to have this resolved.

Vivek Kumar
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Muzaffarpur, Bihar
issue legal notice . file suit for partition . obtain injunction restraining your uncles from selling the property
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47814 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I agree with Mr Ajay Sethi
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

give legal notice of partition and restrain them from selling the property and if they do not give reply with in proper time then file suit for partition and also obtain injunction restraining them from selliing property
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Since division took place without any deed of partition having been prepared and signed by all the children of your grand father there is to date no legal partition of the property. You can thus issue a lawyer's notice to your uncles and then follow it up by filing a case for partition to cull out your share.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer