• Getting divorce certificate

Hi, the second motion is completed and decree passed. However the divorce certificate is not yet been collected by me. How do I collect the certificate? I do not have the case number etc as the previous lawyer I had engaged is not being cooperative. THe decree was passed in DIstrict Court, Saket and it has been 3 weeks since the decree was passed by the judge. Please let me know how to collect the certificate
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Christian

3 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers


You have to apply to obtain the same and for the same you need to have the case no. And order of the date.

In that case you will have to engage some other lawyer who may pull out the details for you and then give you a certified copy of the order.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask your spouse for case number

2) file an application in family court and seek certified copy of divorce decree

3) you can also do online search in district court website and would be able to access case number details

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87976 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you need a lawyer to get the decree from court ... You can contact me for assisting you over the same .. Thank you

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Sir just give a simple application in the department of the Court which passed your divorce decree and Judgement for decree and order.

You can search case details from online search on ecourts website.

it is a simple application for obtaining certified copies on payment of requisite fee for photo copy fees the court shall grant you copies.

You donot need a lawyer for copies. Also there is decree and judgement there is no such thing as divorce certificate given by court the decree is self certifying document.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you know the case number and date of judgment done by court you can apply for certified copy of divorce decree passed by court.

You need to engage service of a local lawyer to get work done at earliest and at nominal rate.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Appoint a new lawyer .

First search the cause list and take out the case number . And apply for the copy of judgement .

Hope this helps.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. There is nothing called divorce certificate.

2. once final motion is done the court passes decree of divorce which you can get a copy through certified copy of the order and decree.

3. So if you have the necessary details you personally can apply for it . if not then consult any local law clerk who would get that one in no time.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You please, go to the concern court during the lunch time, and ask from the reader of the judge about the case number on the basis of the date of hearing when the decree was passed.

From there, once you get the case number then apply for the certified copy of the same. After 10 days you would get it.

You can take my assistance also if want to through Kanoon.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I am practicing advocate in saket courts , I can Contact me

Jitender Kumar
Advocate, New Delhi
35 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

You may apply in the family court with the case number to get a copy of the decision in divorce case

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can obtain the certified copy of the decree and judgment as a party in person by filing a copy application before the court.

For knowing the details of the case you may visit the office of the court, take the assistance of the concerned clerk of the family court, tell them about your issue, they will certainly help you to tide over the issues.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78133 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Search through title and date of case. Apply fr certify copy.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You need to provide the name of the case and date of passing decree. You will get the order and decree sheet.

Akash Gupta
Advocate, Gurgaon
66 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer