• Interview scam

This is Latif Munim had appeared in written examination for the selection of Assistant professor conducted by BPSC, Patna. I got 35 marks out of 50 as per answer key published by BPSC and called for interview. I got 12 marks out of 20 in academic as got degree throughout IIT Delhi. But in interview even after giving correct answer to almost 80 % of questions I got disqualified. As the cut off marks of my category is probably 53.5 out of 100. Same conditions are happened with my closest five friends. But as per our observation I personally know some candidates who scored minimum marks in written as per answer key but secured probably maximum marks in interview out of 20 and got selected. I filled RTI but commission denied to give my total obtained marks and cut off marks of my categories by saying this reasons as due to some internal policy can't be given reply. Over all we feel scam in interview by giving maximum marks in interview who managed the board through the senior officials. So I want to challenge the interview marks pattern awarded by interview board. So please suggest.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

if your RTI application has been rejected file appeal before SIC and obtain marks scored by various candidates

2) utmost transparency has to be obtained and BPSC cannot decline to give information on account of public policy

3) file writ in HC to challenge selection of candidates

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Latif Munim

I have done many cases like this. Although securing lesser marks in written examination and higher marks in interview cannot be the ONLY ground for challenge to the selection process. But as you said there are number of other candidates who has been treated similarly therefore I would suggest you to file a writ petition in the high court challenging the entire selection process.




Shri Gopal Verma
Advocate, New Delhi
312 Answers
5 Consultations

4.0 on 5.0

1) You can file FIR against those all officers that you file all are culprits and can cross check them all in the court.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Cleint,

File appeal u/s 19 of RTI act. Cut off cannot be keep private, on the basis of commission reply, file WRIT in High Court. No internal policy can over ride RTI act. Malafied is apparent.


Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


File another rti and ask again, they didn't deny you to see your copy.

If they do so then file a writ against them, it will make your case strong.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Well, under no circumstances the panel can give preference marks in interview to override the marks in wiring examination.

2. So totally disregarding the marks in written examination solely on the basis of the viva vice the candidate can not be selected.

3. In that event you can challenge the selection panel by filing a writ petition in high court .

4. The high court once get to see the marks obtained by successful and unsuccessful candidates will understand the anomaly or mala fides of the selection process.

Good luck.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First of all file an appeal on RTI to first appellant authority,First Appeal is the statutory remedy available to the RTI Applicant, when there is no response from the Public Information Officer within stipulated time limit or the decision of PIO is not satisfactory or the PIO offered / supplied incorrect / misleading information or demanded exorbitant further fee etc. The First Appeal is required to be filed under Section-19(1) of RTI Act.

Further if appeal is also dismissed than second appeal can be made before the Central Information Commission .

After this only way could be file a writ petition before high court to direct department to release interview marks, total marks and cut off.

You can also directly go before high court through writ without challenging the rti but a 1% risk that high court will ask that you challenged RTI or not than there can be issue.

otherwise in case of apparent scam high court shall appreciate your petition and can pass favourable order.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello sir , it is advisable to file a WRIT in Patna high court and obtain a stay order on the selection process of the state govt ..

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File a PIL in the jurisdiction high court with other candidates who have not got selected. Make allegations of mass irregularities in recruitment process and get a stay on the appointment and further proceedings by the commission.

Also provide the RTI reply given by them as proof.

If you are aggrieved by reply of RTI you can approach appellate authority to direct the authority to provide information.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the authorities have refused to divulge the information sought through RTI act, then you could have preferred an appeal against the dismissal.

If you have concrete evidence that a candidate scoring lesser marks than that of yours you may file a writ petition against the authorities requesting for releif to you and also for stay of the recruitment process till then.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can challenge the same by filling writ petition in HC.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27273 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer