• Electricity connection on the basis of fit out possession letter

The builder has given me fit out possession letter for the flat in Dehradun. Can I apply for regular power /electricity connection in my name from the concerned electricity board.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

Yes you can get an electricity connection bases on the possession certificate under the Release of new

LT Connections, Enhancement and Reduction of Loads) Regulations, 2007. as there under the proof of occupancy or ownership both are valid proof for the purpose of electric connection. So allotment letter, possession certificate and occupancy certificate based on these also an electric connection can be taken.

Kindly refer Rule required documents and formalities.


Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should not take possession of flat till occupation certificate is issued

2) then apply for electricity connection from board

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87932 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I'm afraid, this will not be sufficient to apply for a regular electricity connection.

Once the builder executes the sale deed in your favour, apply for the electricity connection.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

No - if the FLAT refered is in a group housing society , you may not be able to get an individual electricity connection, However if this is a builder floor kind of setup , you can apply for electricity connection on your name.

best of luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1282 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you can

Though generally it is the duty of the builder to provide you with the same


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

'Fit-out' possession letter given to you means that the builder have either applied for Completion/Occupation Certificate from the required Authority or will apply for Completion/Occupation Certificate from the required Authority.

As per the agreement between you and the builder who was required to

apply for regular power /electricity connection from the concerned electricity board?

If you it was the builder then ask him to do so. If it was you then ask the builder to give a letter in writing so that you can apply. Also ask him when he will give you the Completion/Occupation Certificate of your flat in Dehradun?

Moumita Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
366 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

What is the status of registration of the flat you purchased?

Moumita Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
366 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

1) Yes you can apply for your name meter from electricity board, however its builder duty to get done on your name electricity meter, before giving possession of the flat and flat should be completed by all works.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Please check with electricity distribution office of your area and arrange form.

Fitout are not actually a possession and will not be treated as possession letter.

Please arrange possession letter and copy of the letter should be attached with the application and fitout will define the power load

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. YES. It can be done. PROVIDED the Agreement is duly stamp duty paid and Registered.

2. BEFORE actual possession, kindly ensure that the Occupancy Certificate (OC) has been received and procure a certified copy of the OC from the builder, for your own safety.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The electricity connection can be obtained in your name if there is a registered sale deed executed in your name, before that the electricity department may not entertain any application in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78089 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you can

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27261 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer