• Cheating

2 years ago I gave about 7 Lkh to a person, as he promised me a good job in a company, but he did nothing and kept on telling me "next month- next month". And after 1 year he gave me back 4 lkh but, after i asked him to stop fooling me and after that, he is not picking up the phone and even I don't know his address but I have his bank details and every proof against him, all the emails and messages... can I do something against him? To get my remaining money back.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

17 Answers

File police complaint against person under section 406, 420of IPC for criminal breach of trust .cheating

2) file summary suit to recover your money with interest under order XXXVII of CPC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84936 Answers
5617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yea of course its gd case. u should move an application before police nd dey ll lodged an fir against him. if u hd deposited money in his account file copy of d same nd email printouts along with application.

Tarun Budhiraja
Advocate, Rohtak
379 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Please file a FIRin your police station with all the detail under section 419,420,120B and 406 of IPC with all the details.

The address in the account and from the telephone no. may be found by the police.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6829 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Respected sir ...

you have number of options available as if you have prof of lending money to him ...just go to nearest police station and give a complaint there and ask them to lodge an FIR under section 406 and 420 of IPC and give all the relevant documents to police witch sought to be an evidence in your case he will be behind he bars...

Thank you

Dinesh Sharawat
Advocate, Delhi
1253 Answers
12 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File a criminal complaint in police station with all details and proofs under 406 criminal breach of trust and 420 cheating indian penal Code also you can file a suit for recovery of money in the civil court with interest. Attach all proofs and evidences in the complaint and suit.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25518 Answers
149 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes , you can file criminal complaint case against him before illaqa magistrate and FIR also can be lodged in this case. Recovery suit is also there but it will not serve your purpose.

Rajesh Kumar
Advocate, Ludhiana
119 Answers
1 Consultation

4.3 on 5.0

1) Don't give reason of job , you can give any other reason that he had taken 7 lakhs from you and denying no at to give you just he had returnable 4 lakhs rupees remaining 3 lakhs rupees. So you can file case against him fraud and misrepresentation. And do you have negotiations Instruments etc against him to produce proof.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12219 Answers
165 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You need to file cheating complaint as soon as possible.This is clear case of cheating.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
24933 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

If you are ready to spend another amount of Rs. 50,000 to 1 Lakh then you may file criminal and civil case against him and Court will call for records from bank regarding his KYC details and same may be used by police to trace out and arrest him. Thus you may get your money back.

For more details please contact me immediately through Kaanoon Website.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6017 Answers
330 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Nothing except lodging fir with ur concerned ps

Subhendu Ghosh
Advocate, Barrackpore
234 Answers

4.0 on 5.0


you can lodge complaint against him before the concerned Police.

Meanwhile, collect all the documents, SMS, Whatsapp, call data and any other information documents in support of your issue.

Good Luck

S Srinivasa Prasad
Advocate, Hyderabad
2877 Answers
9 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hello sir , if you are having evidence for transaction of friendly loan, you can file a civil suit for recovery against him

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4617 Answers
55 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Please take note of following -

1. Write down a complaint detailing all the incident related to your case on a date wise basis and submit the same to the concerned police station along with all relevant proof.

2. Ask the concerned police officer to lodge your complaint u/s 406, 420 of IPC.

3. Take a receiving of that submitted application along with the submitted proof and meet an advocate of your choice.

4. Ask that advocate to contest the case before the criminal court on your behalf so that culprit can be nabbed down and you can receive your money.

Pulkit Prakash
Advocate, Delhi
309 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Send him a legal notice seeking immediate refund of your dues.

Take action against him as available to you under the civil and criminal law regime, in case he fails to comply with the legal notice.

Action under civil law: File a summary suit for recovery.

Action under criminal law: File a FIR against him for cheating and for defrauding you.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9350 Answers
219 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Yes you can immediately file a case against him for cheating and fraud in the nearest police station. As malafidely your money has been duped by him.

Also, you can file a summary suit for recovery of the money.

Contact a local lawyer.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17870 Answers
344 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

How did you give him money without knowing anything about him?

How did you get back Rs. 4 lakhs after 1 year?

You can track him from the bank account details or you can lodge a police complaint against him on the basis of the sms and money transaction proofs.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
75050 Answers
1263 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You need to proceed against him

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6629 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer