• How to add my son a major as co-owner in the plot owned by me

I own a plot of land in Yadavagiri, Mysuru.  My son is residing in US presently on account of his employment.  I want to make him the coowner along with myself.  He can give a GPA to my husband to represent him in getting the registration done on his behalf.  Please advice.
Asked 5 months ago in Property Law from Mysore, Karnataka
You can execute gift deed for 50 per cent share in land 

2) gift deed should be duly stamped and registered 

3) your son can execute POA in favour of his father fir completion of registration process 

Hello mam, you can also make a transfer deed of 50 present share of the property in favour of your son 
Hemant Chaudhary

Yes, this could be done through a GPA.

You may either gift or relinquish a certain portion in this plot in his favour. 

You can make a registered gift deed in favour of your son. 
Yes he can give GPA for registration of gift deed.

You my gift property to him and get it registered in his name by the GPA duly verified by the Indian consulate in US in the name of father to complete the formality of transfer registration
Vimlesh Prasad Mishra

1. Your son shall have to execute a POA in favour of your husband and get the same notarised by the appropriate officer of his local Indian Consulate and send the the same to your husband which your husband shall have to get validated by the concerned District collector in India.

2. Thereafter you can register a gift deed conveying 50% or any such percent as agreed by you, share of the said plot in his favour and in that case, your husband being the POA holder of your son, will accept the said gift since as per law, the receipt of the gift sale have to be acknowledged by the recipient or his POA holder.

1. I would advise you to execute a registered gift deed or relinquishment deed (50%).
2. Yes he can give a GPA to your husband for the process of registration 

1. You can execute a registered Gift Deed in favour of your son for 50% share in the property you own.
2. Let your son execute a POA in favour of your husband to enable your husband to accept the Gift on behalf of your son.

You can gift as portion of property in his by executing a registered gift deed in his favor.
He can accept the same through his general power of attorney agent in India..

Dear Madam,

Just execute release deed in favor of your son stating that he is co-owner or 50% of property is given to him and get it registered. Then take Power of Attorney of your son and canvas before concerned authorities for entering into concerned records name of your son as co-owner or it may be joint khatha. For any doubts please call me.
Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

This can be done either by Gift Deed, His presence essential and high stamp duty 

OR, WILL, his presence not required, nominal registration fees ( optional). Effective after death. 

1.  Take proper POA from Son in favour of his Father, with proper strategic clauses.

2.  You can execute a Gift Deed, for part of your property in favour of the Son and the POA holder can sign on behalf of the Son.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Hemant Agarwal