• EPF name mismatch issue

In all my educational certificates my name is mentioned as R Sazi, while pan, aadhar & passport were made expanding first initial as rajendran sazi, as initials are not accepted, now i m facing problem of pf withdrawl due to UAN & kyc mismatch, As Uan is made on educational certificate based. i have tried kyc modification from r sazi to rajendran sazi by submitting passport, pan, aadhar copies, but all rejected saying birth certificate to be submitted, as i was born in june 1983 at home birth was not registered. pls suggest what to do.
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law

9 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

1)make an application to muncipal corporation for issue of birth certificate .

2) enclose affidavit that you were born in the house

3) if you are refused BC you would need court orders for issue of birth certificate

4)you can then with draw your money lying in epf

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If you have original copies of hospital discharge certificate at the time of your birth or any other proof of birth then you can apply for such certificate from local magistrate under Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969.

2. if this is not possible then make an affidavit done from the First Class Magistrate stating the actual name and then make a newspaper of gazette notification.

3. This is accepted before almost every public authorities wherever error in spelling lead to some confusion.

4. if even after such affidavit the PF is not released then file a writ petition in high court.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You must be having the discharge slip issued by the hospital at the time of your birth. On the basis of this you should apply for registration of your birth before the registrar.

2. If despite following the procedure mentioned in the preceding para they do not issue the birth certificate then you may file a writ petition in the High Court to seek appropriate orders.

3. Alternatively, a sworn affidavit can be executed in front of an executive magistrate wherein you may mention the correct name.

4. Ordinarily, the procedure mentioned above should suffice, but if it does not then you will have to seek appropriate orders from the competent court.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Move a representation to the concerned authority and express your willingness saying that you're willing to move an affidavit stating that r sazi and rajendran sazi are one and the same person, i.e., you and request him to do the needful on the strength of your affidavit.

If things get stuck despite the affidavit, approach the High Court and file a writ of mandamus.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file a writ on this ground that you are born in home and you have no birth certificate. your right to life is in danger. but first tell them that you dont have birth certificate as you are born in home. if they give you pf, no problem. else file writ.

Arnab Kumar Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
112 Answers

4.0 on 5.0


Get an affidavit that R Sazi and rajendran sazi are name of the same person.

Get the same published in the newspaper.

And then go to department so that the needful be done for you.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Swear an Affidavit before Magistrate of 1st Class and submit the same

Subhendu Ghosh
Advocate, Barrackpore
234 Answers

4.0 on 5.0

Ok, then provide them an affidavit stating to be the birth certificate mentioning the name as the new one.

If still say no then I have a second option also.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can get a birth certificate registered by the direction of court by filing a case in the court seeking direction to the births and death registrar.

You may have to comply with the requirement for updating the records.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can approach the municipal authorities to register your birth on basis of other documents. Make a affidavit stating that both the names are of same person.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27273 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer