• Change/correction of name

Sir, my name in school certificates viz 10,12 and graduation is Dheeraj Singh. However, after joining Defence, i added my subtitle and my name in service has been Dheeraj Singh Chahar. All my Pan card, DL, aadhar, bank accounts are bearing my DS Chahar name. now, that i am about to retire from service, i am bothered what name shall i keep Dheeraj Singh or DS Chahar.Kindly guide. Regards
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) It is advisable to keep the name DS Chahar or Dheeraj Singh Chahar as they mean the same and you have the documents to support the name if you need verify it anywhere.

2) You can also make a news paper publication stating that Dheeraj Singh and Dheeraj Singh Chahar is the same person.
Hi, you can keep either one name or both for that you have to make an affidavit stating that both name belong to me only.

2.you to make paper publications for this effect.

3 if you want to change in name in certificate aso then you have to file a suit for change of name.
1) the name reflected in your educational qualifications is dheeraj singh 

2) in your service record name is Dheeraj Singh Chahar 

3) your pan card , bank accounts AAdhar card reflect name as Dheeraj Singh Chahar . you should continue to use Dheeraj singh Chahar . 

4) an affidavit can be prepared that both Dheeraj Singh and Dheeraj Singh Chahar are one and same person .
1) please note that you cannot change  your educational certificates after lapse of so many years . 

2) in your educational certificates correct name is reflected as on date of your graduation . 

3) you can publish in official Gazettee that name Dheeraj Singh has been changed to Dhheraj Singh Chahhar . also publish it in 2 local newspapers . 

4) or an affidavit can be prepared that both persons are the same 

5) . since you are in Mumbai visit the Gazette Office. Ground Floor, Government Book Depot & Publication House, Netaji Subash Chandra Road, Charni Road, Mumbai
Online Application for Name change in Gazette :

Change of Name in Gazette can be effectively done through online Booking. just log on to www.dgps.maharashtra.gov.in 

Register yourself with New Login userId and Password 
Opt for Change of Name/ Change of date of birth / Change of Religion. 
You may choose normal / Tatkal Procedure. 
Upload all necessary documents including your photograph
Make payments online and get your gazette OR kindly download the user manual here 
For Help dial 022-61316400 (Gazette Office Helpline)
1. Is it that you have three names i.e. Dheeraj Singh, Dheeraj Singh Chahar & DS Chahar in three types of documents?

2. You can now use Dheeraj Singh Chahar as your name post retirement,

3. You can make an affidavit before 1st Class Judicial Magistrate affirming that you are known in all three names and also that the said three names are of one and same person,

4. You shall have to publish the content of this affidavot in 2 local Newspapers.
1. You can not change your name in your educational certificate now,

2. You shall have to make an affidavit first as suggested in my earlier post,

3. After that just post the brief contents of the said affidavit in two local Newspapers where the affidavit has been affirmed,

4. You shall have to visit the Newspapers office and submit the matter to be published.
1. You cannot change your name in educational certificates after lapse of so many years. A retrospective change is not possible except without a court order. 

2. What you can do is execute an affidavit stating that Dheeraj SIngh and Dheeraj Singh Chahar are one and the same person. Get an affidavit to this effect executed in front of an Executive Magistrate. 

3. Subsequently make a newspaper publication in at least 2 regional and 1 national daily to this effect.
1. You have simply added your subtitle after joining the defence. This cannot be treated as a change of name. 

2. However, in view of the fact that your PAN card Aadhar card and bank passbook reflect your name as Dheeraj Singh Chahar you can publish in the official gazette that you have changed your name to Dheeraj Singh Chahar. Thereafter, make a news paper publication to this effect.