• IPC Section 354 how to get a way out of this

Dear sir  my frnd has been ordered sec 354 for sexual harrasement .but as we know the girl has filed a wrrong complain against him she was been teased by frnd n he said tht but when the girl filed an fir the statement was different as made a new story n as of now everyone is involved in this case so plz sirs help us out my frnd has been jailed for a day n the next we bailed him out but they r saying they would jailed him back .and as his job h works out of india so he comes 3 mo ths in a year so till the time he couldnt go out of india so plz consult us so we could prov his inoccence thanking u all
Asked 6 years ago in Criminal Law

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1. He cannot be jailed again unless his bail is cancelled.

2. He must have engaged a defence lawyer for his defence. His lawyer has to chart out his defence strategy. after perusing the allegations in the FIR. So he should talk to his lawyer.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
29762 Answers
855 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Contact a lawyer personally with all documents

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
5735 Answers
268 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hire a defence Lawyer, consult with him and take appropreate Legal steps.

Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

it is a bailable offence,i do not understand why were you kept in pulice custody as you could have got bail from the police station ,you do not need to worry about going in jail againa.as cancellation of bail is not so easy they will have to approach in high court ,all you need is try it get it compromised with the complainant as it is compoundable offence and you need to go back out of india because fighting a case will be time consuming game

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

As it is a non-bailable offence he was in jail for a day as of now as he is under bail his bail can not be cancelled again. but before going abroad the case has to be decided on merits or you need to settle the matter with the complainant amicably. if your friend goes abroad without finishing the case then he may be issued arrest warrant and also the bail may be cancelled he may have to be in jail till the completion

Nagalakshmi S.
Advocate, Bangalore
16 Answers
22 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer