• Baby girl born in taxi

Dear sir, 
My baby girl born in Taxi on 7th march 2014  near to the R N Cooper hospital Vile parle while we going to government hospital.
I admitted her in the R N Cooper hospital .Doctor continue taking blood for testing
my baby's n my Wife's health going down because they were not feeding or eating proper food. 
After 4 days I requested to doctor, for shifting to near my home.
Because I staying 30 KM far from hospital. Hospital is not providing proper food for my wife.
I have to do proper care of my wife n child.
Doctor said That U can go at your risk. I said, I m Agree. Then Doctor Said wait for one more day tomorrow morning u can get them at home. I said ok As u wish.
Same day on 10th march at 10:45 pm doctor whose new in practice She told to my wife that your baby should be shift in NICU. Other wise u take discharge right now.
She called me by phone n said that incident.
I goes to the hospital n got a DAMA (Discharge Against Medical Advise)
Hospital has given any document or any report,
Now I suffering difficulties to make her birth certificate.
Please give any advise. how it possible?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
birth certificate will be issued by  concern municipal department which comes in the area of the hospital..you will have to collect registration receipt from the hospital and give it in the municipal department.there is no way the hospital can refuse to give you registration receipt as the baby has been delivered in that hospital and DAMA has nothing to do with .
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

The birth certificate in Mumbai can be applied by visiting nearest office of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, which is also the birth certificate issuing authority in Mumbai.
You need to first register the name of child by filling the form that can get from the office by paying Rs 5/-. The cost can range from time to time.
After getting registered, the birth certificate application form can be taken from hospital or from Municipal Corporation office.
Candidate has to provide all the details regarding name, place where child was born, mother and father name, hospitals name where child was born and residence address.
The birth certificate will have a stamp of Municipal officer if applied from such authority or doctor name and hospital stamp if applied through hospital.
you need to wait for few days which will informed by the officer to collect the certificate.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

To apply for a Birth Certificate, you should first register the birth. The birth has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Birth Certificate is then issued after verification with the actual records of the concerned hospital.

In case the birth has not been registered within the specified time of its occurrence, the certificate is issued after due police verification ordered by the revenue authorities.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I agree with my learned friend Ajay Se3thi
Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer