Can a foreigner legally buy a drug from a pharmacy or laboratory?
Hi, I'm francisco from Spain, in my country treatment to cure Hepatitis C is very expensive, while in India it can get a generic at a great price, I wonder if it is possible for a foreigner to buy this medication legally, thanks
Asked in Civil Law from United Kingdom
1. Foreigners cannot not buy, use, or sell psychotropic drugs or narcotic substances while in India as their purchase, sale, or possession is a cognizable offence punishable with imprisonment.
2. However, a foreigner does not incur any disqualification from purchasing a generic drug on the prescription of his doctor from India under the Indian law.
1) you can purchase drugs for your treatment provided you have a prescription from doctor for the same .
2) there are number of online pharmacies that sell drugs from reputed Indian manufacturers .
3) LegitScript is a verification and monitoring service for online pharmacies. it has verified over 250 online pharmacies .
4) if you are travelling to india you can buy any medicinal drugs for your treatment from any chemist shop on prescription from a doctor
5) Foreigners cannot not buy, use, or sell psychotropic drugs or narcotic substances while in India
No foreigners cannot buy , sell sell psychotropic drugs or narcotic substances while in India. However if you get a treatment in India, then on the prescription of a doctor you can purchase the medicine, till your treatment is going in India.
Advocate, New Delhi
1. Foreigners can not buy, use or sell any psychotropic drugs or narcotic substances while in India,
2. However, if you are availing treatment in India then you can buy medical drugs and substances for your own use for the said treatment from any chemist shop in India against prescription from a medical practitioner registered with Medical Council of India..
Being a foreigner you are not permissible under the Indian law to buy the said drug. However if you have a valid prescription and the medicine is obtained on the said prescription for personal use, that is permissible. Contact an Indian doctor who could give you the prescription after your diagnosis.
if you have proper license ( according to law of your country) and your government has given clearance to the import of such medicines then you can import it. supply of drugs from other country needs clearance of the government because it is not necessary that your country's standard has as same as Indian standard. many medicines of our country is banned in many European countries so get information from your government first.
you can get treatment if you come in India and you can carry these medicines on the doctor's prescription and it is made legal by Indian law and it is very common in these days, it is called medical tourism