• Building not complete

Building completion with all amenities was 2 years back. we have following issues:
1. Borewell doesn't work , so water has to be bought from water supplier every day. Many times we ourselves pay for water supply.
2.Lift is not functional.
3. No power back-up
4. none of the amenities mentioned in the agreement has been provided yet - games room , security stay facility , intercom etc
Asked 5 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

Send a Legal Notice to the concerned builder/promoter for rendering you deficient services. Pin point all the grievances/difficulties that you are facing in detail and give him a window of a month to set the things right.

In case, he doesn't addresses the issue despite the legal notice, approach the Consumer Forum and file a case against your builder for deficient services. Seek appropriate relief, including compensation for the mental harassment and trauma that you've suffered.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9441 Answers
251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File complaint against builder before consumer forum and seek orders to direct builder to deliver amenities mentioned in agreement

2) mention that lifts are not functional, bore well not working

3) seek compensation for mental torture undergone by you and seek litigation costs

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89092 Answers
6362 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file a complaint before the Consumer forum for deficiency of service and before filling the complaint first you have to issue legal notice and then you have to file a complaint against builder.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5454 Answers
311 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have to approach consumer for redressal of your grievance.

Dhirendra Suresh Gautam
Advocate, Thane
15 Answers
2 Consultations

4.0 on 5.0

Take up the matter before RERA board to sort out the problem with the builder and ask the builder to compensate you.




Shri Gopal Verma
Advocate, New Delhi
317 Answers
5 Consultations

4.0 on 5.0

Did you get OC through the builder?

Have you satisfied yourself fully when the flat possession was handed over?

Did you not find all these defects at the time of taking over possession?

Did you raise any objection on this to the builder and get an assurance from him to rectify all the faults and repairs.?

Is the association formed?

Did you intimate the builder about all this defects at least now and asked him to rectify the same?

Is there any response from the builder or what is his reply?

Did you issue a legal notice instructing the builder to make good all trhe pointed out defects?

You can approach consumer forum for getting all grievances redressed.

Consult a local advocate and decide further course of action.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79250 Answers
1618 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Even though the builder is not registered under RERA Karnataka, as per the definition under RERA it is an on going project, therefore please approach RER Authority , Karnataka with all your issued along with document proof.

Advocate, Bangalore
584 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0


Immediately issue a notice to the builder and subsequently file a case in the consumer forum for the deficiency of services. Thereupon you may also seek compensation for mental torture and claim the litigation amount.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17943 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File case in consumer forum, any lack in promised amenities in the agreement comes under definition of consumer dispute,

Relief positive.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer