• Neighbor issues

 We rented a house in a residential layout in bangalore to run a daycare after getting NOC from society and house owner. We have a neighbor who keeps shouting at parents and employees for no reason. We talked to him to several times to solve if he has any problems with us. However, he does not have specific issue but some old grudge against the house owner. 
Not sure what actions we can take make our day to day business stress free from neighbor.
Any help is appreciated
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) lodge police complaint against your neighbor for criminal intimidation under section 503 of IPC 

2) section 503 reads as under
503. Criminal intimidation.—Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intim­idation

3) you can also lodge complaint with Secretary of society against the neighbor .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45696 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to lodge police complaint and if the police has not taken any action then lodge private complaint under section 200 Cr.P.c
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You can file a civil suit for declaration and injunction  Once you get the injunction order you can apply for its implementation through court by the Police help.
2. Criminal case of verbal abuse , defmation and criminal intimidation can also be filed.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12880 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A police complaint has to be filed for public nuisance and criminal intimidation. if you have obtained permission from society and the house owner,  the neighbor  cannot make any objection unless his peaceful stay is affected.
if he has a problem he should file a complaint before the police or the housing society, but not to the people who comes to your house.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Lodge a police complaint for criminal intimidation, abuse, etc before your local police station marking acopy to S.P./D.C.,

2. File an application u/s156(3) praying for direction upon the police to investigate and act based on your complaint,

3. Police will act now and your neighbour will expectedly behave properly.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18524 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You may lodge a complaint for criminal intimidation against your neighbour, whereupon he will have to run around to seek bail. 

2. A more effective legal recourse would be to file a lawsuit for injunction against your neighbour in the local court. 

3. You may also sue him for defamation.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer