• Threats received

A person is threatening to cause physical harm to me and along with that is threatening to log a fake notice on my name to effect my professional life.

The person is not directly connected but have a common friend.

Please suggest 

1. What are the options do i have
2. What steps to counter his actions to protect my personal and professional life
Asked 5 years ago in Criminal Law from New Delhi, Delhi

You can file a complaint with the local police station about that person's threats.

Contact on 9873109672 for assistance.

Setu Niket
Advocate, New Delhi
47 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Try to ignore at the tolerable,failing which you can lodge a complaint to the Police and file a Criminal Case.

Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
408 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The act of the person clearly prove that he want to harm u professionaly as well as bring disrepute to your name, though motive of that person not clear, go and lodge complaint against that person before the PS and ask police to tap his mob no to catch him at the earliest.

Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Go to the nearest police station and file a complaint against this person. If he does anything that brings disrepute to you then you may sue him for defamation.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
26103 Answers
775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Pls tell me why it is that he is threating you and planning to harm your reputation,what issues does he have with you..pls do not file a complaint in police station at this stage ,as it could end the possibility of peacefull negotiations.

Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

I agree with Mr Ashish Davessar

Fateh Chand Sharma
Advocate, Noida
86 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer