• Termination and full and final settlement

I was a  senior employee in a reputed school. I was being harassed unnecessarily by the school Deputy head and Bursar. Upon representation to the management they first did not react and later mailed me that my resignation had been accepted in back date whereas I had not resigned, Now it has been 4 months and they have not done my full and final settlement. They have neither paid my last months salary when I actually worked there and nor are they paying me the vacations salary to which I am entitled like everyone else after working for ten months. what does the law say and how can I go about this matter?
Asked 9 months ago in Labour from Gurgaon, Haryana
1)issue legal notice to school to pay your outstanding dues

2)if management refuses to pay complain to state education department of your state 

3) file summary suit to recover your outstanding dues 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46869 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Under law, you're entitled to receive all your legitimate dues including the damages you've suffered on account of immediate terms which was illegal.

Send a legal notice to the school asking them to forthwith disburse all your dues after settling your account finally.

Incase the notice fails to help, approach the Labour Court.
Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
5755 Answers
71 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can first send them a legal notice. 

If they fail to reply to the notice then you can file appropriate case in the Labour court/ civil court. 

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
9333 Answers
121 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hiii, send them a legal demand notice through an advocate .. If they refuse  to pay the amount , file a recovery suit in the court 
Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, New Delhi
3240 Answers
14 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Serve a lawyer's notice to the school to release the arrears of your salary,

2. If the salary is not released despite the notice then a civil suit for recovery of money in the civil court shall be the only legal remedy.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The labor law says that the employer cannot deny dsalary to the employees for any reason other than any specific reason.
You have full rights to claim your arrears of salary and final settlement.
You can issue a legal demand notice demanding your dues including your salary arrears.
After that you can decide about further legal course of action on this.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37035 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer