• Can I fight my own case?

I want to know if I can fight my own case? Do I have to file a vakalatnama in the court for this?
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
yes you can fight your own case and no vakalatnama only 
mention appearing in person.
Anil Gupta

It is always good to have an advocate with you for your case if you really want to fight,as there are lots of skills involved while fighting for a case

Our justice system has been designed in such way that  even litigant  can conduct his/ her own case before any Court of Law.Though he or she need comprehensive knowledge about the subject matter of his own case, legal Provision , Sections, and how to file cases and clear clarity about judgement, case law to strengthen the case.
Soumya   Kundu

Yes you can. No need to place on record a vakaltnama. Simply file the appearance form.

there no need of any vakalatnama if a person is ready to fight his/her own case.

You may fight ur own case but there are  certain legal process/techniques which you would not be knowing and only an advocate  can represent  the case in a better manner because the court would not assist you.  Still if u do it, u will be at risk of loosing your case and may repent later on.
Fateh Chand Sharma