• Inter-religion marriage

A government employee hindu sheduled caste girl married with the muslim boy and she convert her religion to muslim next day of her marriage. is this marriage is valid? if not what parents can do? what are the effects on her job? what may be the grounds to challlenge this marriage in the court by parents? and after 9 months they register this marriage/meher in the court. because when she was marring she was hindu.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Has the conversion been done in a proper manner? If the conversion is complete then the marriage is legal. If it is incomplete then the marriage can be challenged by the parents. The marriage has no nexus with her job.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

a Muslim cannot have traditional nikkah with hindu girl unless she converts prior to marriage . it will have no effect on your government job . she wont get further promotion as Scheduled caste once she converts to another religion. 

i presume lady was major at time of marriage . if she of her own consent married a muslim parents cant create problems  .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

the parents have no right to interfere if the girl is major and able to give her valid consent. but if girl/boy want to take any action to dissolve this marriage then this marriage can be dissolve by a decree of Annulment by civil court.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

 As of now they are husband and wife and there is a marriage certificate to prove that, so it is advisable that her or his family do not interfere. There marriage if it is registered under any act, concerned Registrar of marriages must have been convinced of their marital status legally. allow them to live their life. There is legal issues to continue the job.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1516 Answers
142 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer