• Marriage records/certificate

Where are marriage records/certificate details kept, means how many copies of marriage certificate are made. does marriage officer and local municipal office has a copy of certificate?

how much fees is charged for mutual consent divorce case?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
visit the office of Registrar of marriages bandra east Mumbai for details . copy of certificate would be in their records . mutual consent divorce fees vary . depends upon lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47916 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Concerned registrar/sub registrar is the custodian of the marriage register and you can get as many as certified copies of it subject to filing copy application with requisite fees.  
There are no MRP fees structures for the services of a lawyer as necessary domestic items like milk packet,etc.So,it varies lawyer to lawyer.  
Thanking you,
Subash M R
Advocate, Bangalore
176 Answers
8 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

 The Registrar of marriage office , the place where you have registered your Marriage , either after getting married through a religious ceremony or directly applied for registration under specific Marriages act ,if not it was one comes under foreign marriage act. Go to the Office of Registrar of Marriages where you registered our marriage(if you have registered)apply for a copy of it in a prescribed form.

 In mutual consent divorce the fee is different from lawyer to lawyer. in MCD you can select some one a junior as well. To file a Mutual consent divorce you do not need a marriage certificate.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1516 Answers
142 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Records are kept in the office of concerned marriage registrar. A copy of the certificate is maintained in the regular course of work by the registrar office. A lawyer's services is not a commodity so it does not come with a MRP price. It varies from one lawyer to another.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer