• Inter-caste marriage

my sister got the government job in uttar pradesh on the behalf of sheduled caste in 2010. She is working as a primary teacher. few days before she informed us that she did the court marriage with the muslim boy. she convert her name and religion. so she is no more sheduled caste now. can she continue her job in the same firm? and when should she inform her department regarding this?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
She can continue if she informs immediately.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

on conversion she loses her scheduled caste staus . Supreme Court had held that “if a Hindu is converted to Christianity or another religion, which does not recognise caste, the conversion amounts to a loss of the said caste.”  a Division Bench of the Madras High Court in 1952 ruled that “a convert ceases to have any caste.

”she will no more be entitled to seek reservation in promotion / Govt accommodations etc. She will be a Gen category employee. she wont lose  lose her  job because when she joined she was SC
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46637 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I completely agree with Mr. Sethi
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
224 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

now she will not get any benifit of sc though she will not loose her job
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

We have to go as per status of a particular time for a particular event.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer