• Foreign decree

Thank you all for your replies.Just one more thing, after getting a certified copy from UK court, will that decree be accepted as a valid document for getting my name changed back to my maiden name, especially on my indian passport. Or is it possible to have that decree certified in indian family court instead. I'm not sure if that is allowed or do I have to file a case all over again in india? What is a more better and safe option because I need to update my name in almost all documents. 

Sejal
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from mumbai, Maharashtra
you can rely upon certifed copy of   divorce decree for name change . it is not necessary to have decree certifed in indian family court . to be on safer side make enquires with the passport office . for change of name you have to publish it in 2 local newspapers and in official gazette
The decree will be recognised in India as a decree at par with a decree of an Indian court. You do not need any certification from the Indian Family Court. In order to change your name in all the crucial documents such as PAN card, voter Identity card, passport, etc you will have to prove that you are no longer married, and to this end the relevant authorities would require you to produce a certified copy of the judgment of the UK court. It will thus be prudent for you to obtain more than one certified copy of the judgment of the court.
nothing left to add
Give an ad in the papers that you have after separation reverted back to your maiden name as such and such from such and such and should now be known and called by said name. Contact Department of Publication, Govt of India, produce newspaper cutting and fill up a requisite form to get the same published in Gazette of state or India. The department will send you a copy of the publication which can be used  wherever required.
as adviced earlier u can do all things on bases certified copies of forien decree