• Divorce case

I want divorce from my wife because she keeps arguing or abusing me all the times . I have called police twice but when they come they says police can't do anything this is family matter . I also visited CAW but there also says we can't do anything for men , this is CAW 'W' for WOMEN we can do nothing for men's
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

Dear Querist

Immediately file a divorce case against her before family court based on cruelty under section 13(1)(ia) of Hindu marriage Act-1955

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) record her verbal abuses

2) file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty

2) wife abusing husband amounts to mental cruelty

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned

You can file divorce on the grounds of cruelty - subject to you have valid reasons of your wife being cruel to you.

Best of luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Police is right, it cannot interfere as your remedy is only before the civil court. You are free to file a petition for dissolution of marriage on the ground of cruelty. Record the abuses of your wife so that you have a robust case when you go to court.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Do Not break the marriage only because she argues or abuses you. it may be her behavioural problem which may be corrected with medical/psychological intervention.

try to find our reason behind her abuse/argument. She may be feeling insecure from you which you should try to find out.

Marital discord is common every family and this can be veru easily resolved if you stop thinking in terms of dissolving the marriage.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you feel that the situation is not manageable anymore and her tortures cannot be tolerated, you can come out separately from her and file a divorce case on the grounds of mental cruelty.

Make sure that your marriage is more than one year old.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer