• Dowry demand complaint

Hello! My wife filed a fake Dowry Demand complaint against me and my parents just after one month of marriage. She came with multiple diseases which were identified when I got a basic blood test done after marriage. As she was going to her home town, I asked her parents to get a thorough medical health checkup/report when she returns. In place of getting those health check done, they filed this complaint in "mahila thana". We have asked health checkup many times before marriage but they did not do it before marriage. 

In this situation, I want to ask if a lawyer can represent me/my parents in the mahila thana. Also, based on the health diseases, can I file a complaint/case against wife/her parents. What are the other options to tackle this situation.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Depending upon availability of evidences with you your lawyer will be certainly able to help you.You can hire a lawyer for manila than a as well as fraud complaint against your wife and her parents.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You are not required to be there in person. It will be prudent if at least one of your relatives accompanies your lawyer to the police station. Since she suppressed from you the fact that she is suffering from multiple diseases you can file a case for fraud.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you have stated that she was identified with multiple diseases after basic health check up one month after marriage . do you have test report? what were the nature of diseases  she has been diagnosed as suffering from ? elucidate . 

these details are necessary to help us understand whether your consent to marriage was vitiated by fraud . 

as far as remaining present before mahila thana is concerned you can be represented by your lawyer along with any of your close family relatives .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41642 Answers
2391 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

description of diseases are necessary as many of diseases makes ground for divorce. as far as representation by lawyer is concerned that can be with any of your close relative.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

i can help u, u have to take some immediate action to safeguard yourself and ur family members
Anil Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
35 Answers
6 Consultations

3.6 on 5.0

if consent has been obtained by fraud you can move court for annulment of marriage under section 12 1(c) of Hindu marriage act within period of 1 year of marriage . contact a local lawyer and move family court for said reliefs
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41642 Answers
2391 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi if womens police has filed a FIR, you can approach court for obtaining anticipatory bail................ in the police station you can request any advocate to accompanying you........... pls see that whether they filed a FIR or not.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer