Motor Accident

Sir last month when we were going to a function in NH ,suddenly a old TVS 50 which was going left came right and hit our car while crossing, driver of the two wheeler & pillion rider his wife both fell down & the pillion rider of two wheeler had some injuries - she was taken to hospital and small operation was done. Her son is a Police constable Local police has filed a case under sections 279 & 337.My father aged 64 Yrs. was driving the car and he is having a valid license, insurance and RC. Owner of the vehicle is my brother and is in US on his work The 2 wheeler has no insurance and Fitness certificate. We have taken the car to RTO and after checking he released the car and we have claimed for own damage also. Please clarify some doubts 1) Whether this is a petty case and court will put only fine if we plead guilty or will be treated as serious and will be send to imprisonment. 2) If we pay the fine , whether we will be completely relived from this issue. Police told us they will inform before hearing and we have to pay the fine only. 4) Whether when the injured person is filing a case for claim amount we should be present. 5) Whether owner of the car is required during hearing 6) can we sell the car to another person.