Divorce from wife...grounds for cruelty & desertion
I am Indian citizen and I live and work in Texas, USA. I was married in early 2012 & marriage is registered in india and at that time of marriage I was working in UAE. I relocated to TX in June 2014 and my wife (indian citizen) was supposed to join me here after a quick visit to in India. However she rejoined another work place in UAE in August 2014 and I was not aware of that. She didn't join me to US just visited US with me prior to relocating for apartment hunting sponsored by my employer..
she has deserted me and presently my lawyer in India is just sending rejoinder to her lawyer...basically putting blame and allegations on each other...but nothing has been filed in any court yet!
during the course of marriage I bought 2 properties in my individual name in India. I am seeking a divorce from her based on desertion & cruelty and want to understand:
1) if the divorce is granted here in US, is it valid in India?
2) She is putting allegations on me over cruelty etc which she could not prove as it does not exist. She also blames me for infidelity.
3) is my property in India is at risk?
4) in their recent legal notice from their lawyer, they are seeking all the money she earned in UAE and all money her parents spend in the marriage. so is there any law in India which justifies her demands? if both couple are working professional shouldn't they share the expenses even if apartments were rented in my name? I do have invested her earned money in buying the property but performed indirect transfer from UAE to exchange to my bank in India. do i need to even consider paying the marriage expenses to them?
5) I have lost a lot of money after relocating to US compared to what I was earning in India. can I demand that? I primarily moved to US because she wanted to work in US. what evidence shall I provide to the court?
6) I would most probably chance my mind and file for divorce in Maharashtra, India...any recommendations appreciated.
please let me know...