Character/Antecedent Certificate from School Headmaster

Sir, My elder brother, an Ex-Servicemen from IAF in Dec 2006, got selected for JE(Electrical) under ER. My father was also an Ex-Servicemen and retired from IAF after serving 36 years. After allotment of Division Malda they have sent few documents to be certified and to be submitted before 4th Aug 2014. Two Character Certificate from Gazetted Officer at Kolkata already made. One format "Charater Certificate" form is to be filled up by Last school/institution Head/Principal and then attested by a DM/SDM/First Class Magistrate. My elder brother passed 12th from KVS Ambala Cantt, Haryana (CBSE). He visited the school to get the certificate signed but the Principal refused to issue the Character/Antecedent Form saying that I do not know you personally and you have passed CBSE XII class from this school more than 25 years back. Also due to flood (twice) there is no record for verification. Principal is also saying My brother is having all original documents with him and is presently staying there for the last three days and regularly going to school and pleading with folded hands. Including "Exemplary" Charater in the Discharge Certificate issued by IAF after retirement in 2006. My question is : a) What will happen if Character/Antecedent Certificate is not issued by School and Railway authority refuses to accept incomplete documents and reject the selection of my brother ? b) What are the alternative available with us ? Kindly guide. Kind Regars Bijay Karmakar