Right of an ailing son in fathers property
My father has properties in abundance. I m the elder son. Have 2 younger siblings - one sister one brother.
All the properties are earned by my father. Nothing inherited.
- few properties are in my name solely
- few properties in joint name with my brother.
- a house in fathers name
- another house in mothers name.
- few properties were bought in my name when I was a student only. Still they are in my name.
- few properties bought when I got married and my brother too became 18 year old. Those properties are in joint name with my brother.
- all original documents are with my father and mother.
- the properties in my name are on rent and every month rent comes.
- I have never claimed for rent ever as I was also earning.
- I got married and my wife was also earning
- then I suffered from liver cirrhosis and huge expenditure started occurring on my medical.
- I stopped earning because of my health.
- in between our son was also born.
- my wife started bearing all expenses including my treatment and raising our son.
- my parents refused to spend even a single penny.
- my wife had to mortgage her jewellery as well for paying my medical bills.
- my younger brother has fed in my orients and wants to own all property.
I m still not earning and I have a son and all burden is on my wife. The medical expenses are beyond my wife's income to afford.
What can I do in this situation.
When I ask my parents to give me some financial support , they refuse.
And now? They are asking us to leave the house as well.
I need to know my rights to the property as son