10th certificate for passport,

Hello sir, I am having problem with my passport. In my 10th cbse marksheet, the name is wrongly written as Sourabh. It was an error from school side. But all my documents,like 12th, University, pan card election card, adhar card are with name Sourabh Kumar. When I went to passport office for passport, they told me that my name will come as Sourabh. But I asked them that I want to have my given name as Sourabh kumar in passport as all my educational, University and official documents are by this name.. So they asked to make an annexureE along with 2 advertisement for changein name and submitt it. My question is, why would I submitt affidavit and ad related to change in name . Because I never have changed my name . It was an error on the part of school. And Since it was being issued in 1998, I cannot ask Cbse to change it. I am 1982 born! So what are my other options regarding the DOB document as required by passport office. Currently my application is showing on hold when I check online They submitted my application , clicked my photo, sub, itted my documents, took my adhar card (it got verified aswell as soon as they took my biometric data and I received an email for its verification from ministry). The officer at counter B , asked me to bring annexure E with 2 newspaper ads. Kindly guide me in this regard.Thank you