Court has siezed my parents passort for past 12 years

Dear Sir/Madam, I am here regarding my parent's passport being seized by the court for last 12 years. My dad's brother did a criminal case on my Dad, my mother, his older brother and his wife in 2003 regarding stock market shares problem between the brothers. The case is still going on due to which my parent's passport is being held by the court. The case court is in Surat and we live in Baroda. I have read online that the court cannot impound a passport without the authorization of passport authority of India. The type of charges on my father and his older brother are following: 1. [deleted] INDIAN PENAL CODE 2. [deleted] Punishment for criminal breach of trust 3. [deleted] Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property 4. [deleted] Forgery of valuable security will etc 5. [deleted] Forgery for purpose of cheating 6. [deleted] Using as genuine a forged document or electronic record 7. [deleted] Abettor present when offense is committed I have few questions regarding this issue: 1. Can a court impound a person's passport or only passport authority of India has the right to do it? 2. Is there any way I can get my parents passport back before the case is Solved? If yes, can you please guide me? 3. If No, Can I file an RTI to find information about the passport? If you need any more information, please let me know and I will try to provide it as much as I can. I would appreciate any advice you can give me on this legal matter so I can get my parent's passport back. Thank you, Ishan Shah › Information regarding that Court can not impound a passport of accused: 1. 2. 3. 4.