special marriage act-notice and procedure query

Respected Sir/Ma'am, My partner and I wish to marry under the Special marriage act. We are 23. Im hindu and he's muslim. Essentials if valid marriage are thus not an issue. My parents are against our marriage. He lives in bangalore and I live in Mumbai. However he is currently working in out of India. The address on my passport is of bangalore and the address on my adhar card is that of bangalore. 1)With respect to the same what would the procedure be for a marriage under SMA considering he doesn't stay here? 2)We have been threatened with police complaints. Also I fear they aim at taking away my passport legally so I cannot travel out of the country. What can they possibly do in this regard and what can I do to counter it? 3) Can the boy's mother do all the legal procedures for applying for the marriage on his behalf(in bangalore) ? Or will I have to do the procedures in Mumbai? 4) Will notice of the marriage compulsorily come home or can that be avoided? Thank you