How much share can a wife claim on husband's property after divo?
Just a simple doubt.
In event of a divorce, how much share can a hindu wife claim in her hindu husband's property? Self-acquired or ancestral both. And (vice versa) how much share can a husband claim in his wife's property (both)?
Considering both are well educated(bachelors degree and above) and are earning well.
Thank you for your answers. :)
Asked 12 days ago in Family Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) wife had no share in husband self acquired or ancestral property
2) similarly husband has no share in wife self acquired or ancestral properties
1. Hindu spouse cannot have a right over the self-acquired or ancestral property of the husband or wife in case of divorce.
2. Only the maintenance amount and/or alimony can be claimed from the other partner.
1. Do note the wife has no right of share either before or after divorce in the proeprty of husband.
2.The same is with husband also.
3. The respective education of the spouses has no connection with it.
1. As per Indian law neither wife nor husband can claim any right, title or interest on each other's properties during the lifetime of the other side.
2. After demise of the husband intestate, the wife can claim equal share of her deceased husband's properties along with his mother (if alive) and children.
3. As per USA law, wife is entitled to get 50% share of husband's properties acquired by him after their marriage.
4. While filing divorce petition, wife can claim compensation for causing the divorce.
Under the present law prevailing in India a wife has no share in the property of her husband. She can claim nothing. The husband too can claim no share in his wife's property.
Neither the wife nor husband can claim any share out of their individual property whether before or after divorce.
There is no law for this provision at least in India.