• Crpc 125

My ex-wife had filed a case against me for maintenance under CrPc 125. Pertaining to which the Family Court issued an ex-parte judgement against me. It asked me to pay my ex-wife an amount of Rs. 3,000/- a month towards maintenance, which I have challenged in Patna High Court and awaiting a hearing. In this case my ex-wife has falsely claimed me to be an engineer, whereas I am an Arts Graduate. 

Now, I would like to request you to please let me know whether I can file a case of Perjury against my ex-wife or not. Let me know what measures I can take in this case.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Ramgarh Cantt, Jharkhand
Religion: Hindu
what is your income ? why did you not contest the proceedings before family court? were you served with summons ? fight case on merits . if you have moved HC against impugned order draw attention of court to false averments made by your wife in case filed by your wife . you will have to explain why you did not appear before family court . 

don't file for perjury now . concentrate on case in HC . if your wife is working and well qualified draw attention of court to said fact
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46775 Answers
2767 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since your appeal is pending in the Patna High Court it will be wise to wait till the outcome of High Court's judgment. This being said, if you have sufficient evidence to prove the falsity of your wife's claim then you may consider filing for perjury.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

i thinks at this stage u must concentrate on your appeal. u have not mentioned your income. that & false  averments can be your defence
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer