• Husband deserted me

Hello sir, i have been mentally physically and financially tortured in my five years of marriage,and now i have been left alone along with my daughter for the past two years, my husband and his mother left us in an emergency department of a hospital two years back since then neither he nor any of his family member tried to contact me. Since then i am living with my parents. NOW I came to know that he has left india for job purpose. What legal advice will you give? Both of us are educated.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
if you want to stay with your husband file for restitution of conjugal rights .
 if you want divorce file for divorce and seek maintenance , return of your streedhan and other reliefs .

 you can also file complaint under Dv act seek right to stay in matrimonial home or ask for alternative accommodation . in said complaint you can ask for compensation , maintenance etc . 

lastly if your husband still has your streedhan and you have been harassed for dowry you can file complaint before cops of 498A IPC
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47785 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to decide what you want. If you intend to save your marriage then you can seek an order from the court directing your husband to resume his conjugal duties towards you. On the contrary, if you want to separate from your husband then you may file for divorce. 

Apart from seeking divorce you may also seek other reliefs from the court such as maintenance, return of your streedhan and protection order in your matrimonial home. If you have at any point of time been harassed for dowry then you may file a case demanding the prosecution of your husband and your in-laws for dowry harassment. The offence of dowry harassment carries an imprisonment for up to 3 years.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

plz decide yourself what u want & then adopt appropriate action accordingly
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer