Second marriage without divorcing first wife
Hello.. I am happily married Hindu guys for 5 years and m contented with my marriage
However their have been some circumstances owing to which I intend to marry this girl ... As I do Not intend to spoil her life
My question is I wish to marry her without affecting my first marriage ... And have two separate household and live happily without affecting either of wives
Also can I reGister my Second marriage
I understand ethically I m wrong but it's about two lives and hence need to decide and set my two houses in place
Please guide genuinely
Asked 6 months ago in Family Law from Greater Mumbai, Maharashtra
1) you cannot remarry during subsistence of earlier marriage
2) your second marriage would be illegal
3) your wife can file case of bigamy against you under section 494 of IPC
1. Second marriage without divorce from first wife is criminal offence and liable for severe punishment.
2. Moreover the second wife in such illegal marriage has no legal force or entity in the marriage.
3. It is both ethically and legally wrong. So I can not advise you to marry second time.
if any custom is prevail in your community that a person can marry with more than one wife then you can perform second marriage otherwise it is an offence and punishable under section 494 IPC.
It is legally also wrong. A Hindu who remarries during the subsistence of his first marriage, commits the offence of bigamy which carries an imprisonment of up to 7 years on conviction. If you further register it, it will be suicidal.
You cannot marry another woman during the subsistence of previous marriage and the spouse living.
This is an offence under bigamy law.
The maximum punishment may extend upto seven years imprisonment.
Dont try any such adventure and get behind bars.
Is their any way out to still go ahead and make second marriage a possibility??!!
Please suggest any loophole / exception that may help me
Two lives are at stake.. please guide
Asked 6 months ago
In no way one can remarry without divorce of his first wife.
There is no answer for this question.
Marrying another time while there subsists a marriage and the spouse is living is an offence under bigamy laws..
No suggestion for doing illegal things can be rendered here.
tyhere is no legal loophole that can be exploited by you
2) second marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal