• Section 498a

I am kunal i had a love marriage on 6th dec 2012,my wife she is from surat gujarat, he stayed with me for 2month and then she went back to his father leaving me alone,now she has filed a 498a after 8months on me,now me and my family is out on bail,me & my parents are innocent am feeling so bad because of my wrong choice of life partner my parents are suffering plz help us now wat shuld v do,my parents and me new has ask her for dowery nor hav shout on her but then to she filed 489a plz suggest any lawyer in mumbai v r middle class people dont know anything about this section plz i want my parents to get out of this mess created by my wife
Asked 10 years ago in Criminal Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Section 498 a is really difficult section,but don't worry, justice prevails.Since you all are on bail it is a positive sign.Try to patch up with her leaving emotions on one side.If you are unable to do that case will be on merits.I find Mr Sethi on this site and I find him reasonable and competent.

Anil Gupta,Delhi,[deleted]

Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

There is Supreme Court Judgment "Geeta Mehrotra & Anr. vs State Of U.P. & Anr. on 17 October, 2012", which specifically deals with the situation wherein parents are forcibly dragged into 498A cases. Such cases are to be dropped and is being condemned by the Hon'ble SC.

Please let us know what evidences you have to advice further.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Since the case has already been filed your first emphasis should be to take bail for yourself and your parents so that none of you have to face the ignominy of arrest. Act quickly lest you may be arrested and put behind bars. Once you have secured bail you can defend yourself on merits and dislodge her entire case as it is, according to you, false.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

i agree with my friend

Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Nothing left to add

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer