• Recovery of debts for more than 3 years

Hi, my company use to provide security guards to another prop. firm. its been more than 3 years we have stopped business with each other, but the firm has not paid my dues, amount INR25000/-.(last bill date 02-02-2011) can i go legal against the firm.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Delhi
If there is contract in place you can initiate legal proceedings.
Adv Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You must have entered into a contract with the firm.  Your rights to sue it will be subject to this contract. Get your contract vetted by a lawyer to ascertain if the debts older than 3 years can be recovered.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Go through your papers ,all legal channels are available but at cost and you have to decide which is better for you.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Querist
first of all send a legal notice to them and if they are not ready to make the payment then you can file the civil suit for recovery before civil court the time period should be count from refusal of demand.
Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

dear client. give them legal notice. in case of no reply u can file civil suit for recovery
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer