• Civil suit filed by bank may affect govt. job?

My son has selected in State Bank of India for the post of JUNIOR ASSOCIATE and process for appointment is going on. During this course, SBI has asked to submit bio data in which bank is asking that whether any civil suit is filed against him ?

In fact, UCO Bank has filed a civil suit against my son towards recovery of education loan. 

My question is whether SBI can deny for appointment of my son on this civil suit ground ?

Please give best advice.

Thanks & Regards,

M P Singh
Cell no.9827031674
Asked 3 months ago in Civil Law from Raipur, Chhattisgarh
1) your son should disclose pending suit filed by UCO bank against him for recovery of education loan

2) your son candidature can be rejected by bank In case criminal case is pending against him 

3) mere pendency of civil case should not be ground for rejection of appointment 
1. Since it is matter of his career I can not recommend to conceal the materiel information.
2. When the suit is pending you must disclose it. It is the discretion of employer whether to give employment or not on this ground.
Yes, the Bank has right to deny if there is any terms and conditions regarding the same in their bye-laws.

1. It is strange that SBI is asking to know about civil suit.

2. Generally govt. organisations want to know  whether any criminal case is pending against the applicant or not.

3. It is immaterial whether submission of such information will affect prospect of getting the job in SBI or not  but the fact is that under all circumstances you should disclose the fact as otherwise if it is detected any day later on that your son has suppressed facts or given false information then his service will be terminated forthwith and he will not be employed in any Govt. job in his lifetime.

4. So, it will be prudent on his part to disclose the fact.
Please give best advice.

If the application form contains this column, you may have to fill up the details corresponding to the facts or else it may be treated as suppression of fact material for offering the appointment/employment.
Do not take a chance or risk  because if it is brought to the knowledge of the authorities at a later stage then he may be liable for disciplinary action accordingly.
It is a civil suit and not a criminal prosecution, so this should not ordinarily be an obstacle. He should furnish true information to the bank about the pendency of the case. If SBI does not issue the appointment letter to him then he can go to court for an appropriate relief.