• Cease and desist

I own a website where I post opportunities for aspirants to the entertainment industry. the website does not charge any fee, so does not generate revenue. There was one  opportunity that came on facebook that I reported. I am not sure what happened, but the facebook post is now deleted, and the TV company sent me a cease and desist notice. I have already removed the particular post from my website but the notice has asked me to never post information about that channel. This is like taking away my right as a reporter of such opportunities. 

I want a resposne drawn to the channel. Please include a telephone number where I can call as I am traveling. Thanks.
Asked 1 month ago in Business Law from United States
1/) it is necessary to peruse  the post on face book that you reported 

2) legal notice issued to you by the TV company to advise 

3) you can  seek phone consultation  with any lawyer  from the website 
If the opportunity that was in public domain was reported by you then it does not result in infringement of any intellectual property rights. You are free to engage any lawyer from this portal for replying to the legal notice received by you. You can obtain the contact details by clicking on Talk to this lawyer.
it is depend on the facts of the post published by you on your website or facebook.

if there is any thing defamatory then send them an apology letter and undertake not to do this type of acts in future.
if there is no defamatory then send a reply of the Notice with the help of a lawyer and say your version with the rebuttal of their version. 

Feel Free to Call on my Number after pay the consultation fee
There was one  opportunity that came on facebook that I reported. I am not sure what happened, but the facebook post is now deleted, and the TV company sent me a cease and desist notice. I have already removed the particular post from my website but the notice has asked me to never post information about that channel. This is like taking away my right as a reporter of such opportunities. 

You should give a reply notice through your attorney to the notice you have received from the said TV channel denying their allegations.
You can include that this being a public post and also there was no restrictive clauses to it, it was just a courtesy service whatsoever. 
 Moreover since the item stands deleted there is no question of pursuant, thus the notice is unnecessary and also appears to infringe the rights.
However please bear it in mind that in the anxiety of posting opportunities for aspirants, you cannot take the role of promoting employment opportunity with such organisations without their concurrence or their approval.
This may be considered as an illegal act.