• Owner asking to evict tenant

I am staying in a rental apartment in Coimbatore and paying rent of Rs. 7000 per month. I pay rent by doing NEFT transfer to owner bank account before 3rd of every month. There is no rental agreement. I tried to install CCTV in front of my main door for the safety of my family as I am working in bangalore. Local police also visited and approved it is fine to install CCTV camera. But my apartment association secretary opposed it and passed association order to my house owner to evict me. My owner is asking me to evict in one month. What can I do now...I havent done anything wrong. I paid all rents on time;.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
apartment association appears to be living in the dark ages 

2) these days all societies have installed CCTV cameras for security

3) however you ought to have taken permission of flat owner before installnG CCTV camera in front of main door 

4) ask for extension of time of 2 months to vacate . 

5) if you refuse to vacate flat owner would file eviction suit against you 

6) eviction suit takes around 5 years to be disposed of 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46716 Answers
2764 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Nobody can evict you without a court order. You have every right to install at your expense CCTV for your safety purposes. The landlord cannot evict the tenant at his whims and fancies. You can refuse to vacate and tell him to go to court to obtain an order of your eviction.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23127 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The society has not right to pass order of eviction against you.
However your landowner is free to listed to such advice of society and it is yout misfortune that your landowner is a spineless person.
So you have to convince your landlord not to listed to society and not to insist on eviction.
You have done to wrong.
If landlord insists on your eviction you can refuse to do so until a court order comes.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13138 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Legally he can not evict you without due process of law and for the due process of law first of all owner has to issue a Legal notice to you and then file a eviction petition before court and after given an opportunity to you the court may pass an order.

So if you are not willing to vacate the apparent then sit tight or file a Civil suit before civil court for injunction.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4876 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You are protected by tenancy rights.
Your owner cannot ask you to vacate property suddenly, 
He has to follow the due process of law to evict you.
You can fie a caveat petition in order to prevent him from taking an exparte injunction agaisnt you.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36892 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer