• Harassment by court and police station

Bhopal court and the Mahila thana the lady police of bhopal took my sick and old mother to the police station as mine is a 498 dowry case against my husband since last 10 yrs the police took my sick mother and started harassing her saying she is living in such abig house how can it be that she is staying alone as i am working as teacher in dubai they are harassing my mother today she was harassed badly and was treated badly in the police station in bhopal by lady police
1. Can i take some action against this or write an email to concern people.
2.Now the court has taken my mother's witness and I am not in Bhopal to be present on date what else they can do to harass my mother as the date is 10 Nov of court now.If my mother says that I am not in  Bhopal  will they trouble her more.
Asked in Family Law from United Arab Emirates
1) file complaint against local police inspector and others who harassed your mother to the supdt  of police and commissioner of police 

2) yiur mother evidence would be recorded on 10 th Nov fixed for recording her evidence 

Immediately file a complaint against them before  SSP, state women commission, and SDM of area.or mail them.

You may also file a complaint before the court  for their illegal acts

1. From your post I understand that you have filed a FIR u/s 498A of IPC 10 years back and presently staying at Dubai and also that the police in India has taken your sick mother to police station and started harassing her.

2. it is very strange. send an email to the S.P./D.G complaining about the said matter asking them to enquire in to the matter and take action against the involved police officer. If no action is taken by him, file arrange to file a Writ Petition before the High court against the S.P./D.G for his inaction seeking for justice and also protection of your mother from further police harassment.

3. Police can not trouble you for your staying at Bhopal. Ask her lawyer to make a mention before the Court that police is harassing her praying for an order restraining the police to call her to police station or to harass her any further.

1. You can file a criminal complaint against the cops under section 338 IPC for illegal detention and restraint. Apart from this you may also file a suit for damages against the state and policemen who subjected her to illegal restraint and detention.

2. If your mother is also an accused in the criminal case and she has obtained anticipatory bail then she cannot be arrested. 

3. Consult a lawyer with complete facts.

1. You can make a representation to the district superintendent of police of Bhopal in this regard and seek explanation from the concerned police officer.

2.  If your mother is a witness to the complaint case filed by you, then she has to cooperate with the police for deposition of witness evidence.
Your mother can inform court about the police excess in the name of inquiry and if necessary she may give in writing a complaint in this regard to the court in person.

Your  religion has no co relation with your pending case 

2) your mother is a witness in your 498A case 

3) hence her evidence has to be recorded on date fixed by court 

4) if your  mother is harassed by police she can complain to the magistrate onnext date of hearing 

1. Actually there is no point in harassing her by the police.

2. However, if she is harassed, collect evidence and file a Writ Petition before the high court against police for their inaction.

Do not bring your community for the present problem.
You can file a petition seeking protection to your mother due to the apprehension of similar attacks on your mother by the culprits in the guise of police.

1. Don't play the Muslim card here. The privileges which are extended to Muslims in India are unparalleled anywhere in the world. So keep this out.

2. You see why would the DGP and IG act against their own brethren. 

3. You are free to file a private criminal complaint under section 200 CrPC against the cops for the offences allegedly committed by them.