• Travel abroad

Respected Counsels,

A FIR was registered on March, 2014 for an incident which took place on August, 2013. Sections 354(A), 509, 506(2), 504 and 34 are slapped on me (26 years old) and three other which includes my father ( chairman of the society), secretary and a 50 year old male from a neighbouring building.
One fine morning BMC's demolition team under strong influence from the female (59 years old now) complainant who stays in the same society, arrived to demolish our society's fencing. We being civic conscience citizens enquired with the BMC's official about this demolition. Meanwhile the complainant called the police and in few minutes the police van arrived at our society's building. We went back to our respective flats and the BMC did demolish the fence and the police went back.

The complainant accused us that we verbally assaulted her during the incident and made a case out of nowhere. We met with the police commissioner and he assured us that justice will be done. But to our unfortunate present the commissioner had given us false hope.

We were arrested on August, 2014 and were released on an Unconditional cash bail of Rs. 10,000/-. The case is under trail till now i.e. year 2016.

I wish to travel abroad for tourism and later for studies purpose.

Do I have to take permission from the magistrate for traveling abroad for tourism or studies? If yes please brief me with procedure and the time frame.

Highly appreciate your time and effort.

Thanking you,
Ram
A harassed citizen.
Asked 3 months ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Other
1) I presume there are no conditions imposed for release on bail 

2) you can travel abroad for tourism 

3) for study purposes take court permission 
There is no requirement for any permission until and unless court passed any order in this regards.

Feel free to call
Unless the court while releasing you on bail has ordered any restraints on your right to travel abroad you are free to travel out of India, but you will have to appear in the court whenever mandated by the court.

Since there is a criminal case pending against you, you are required to take permission from the trial court to travel abroad for a short duration. 
You have to file a petition before the court about your tour program and should submit the schedule of the tour and the date of return s that the court is convinced that you shall be returning after the tour to abroad. 
For further information your advocate may be contacted.