• Wife not cooperative with me and my family members

Am 29 year old married 1 year ago and working in a public sector bank in Kerala.my wife is a student and she is giving me mental harassment as she is not cooperative to me and to my family .she is sitting idle and gloomy in my room throughout the day and is not engaged in any family activities. She is not giving any answers for my questions too..when am asking to their parents they are saying that her nature is like this but before marriage they hadn't informed the matter to me..her father is blackmailing me using his political and social power that as i married to her ,am liable to accept all her disabilities..but they hadn't informed her behavioral disorder before marriage...am not able to suffer her mental harrasement..will I get any legal help sir..?..also I want to know will any legal case filed by them affect my job in the public sector bank in India..?
Asked 2 months ago in Family Law from Palakkad, Kerala
1) shift in rented flat with wife 

2) it will insulate your parents n case false cases are filed 

3) if false  498A case is filed obtain AB from sessions court 

4) consult a psychiatrist as to nature of her illness 

5) if she is suffering from mental illness she can lead normal life with medicines 

6) if you obtain AB it will not affect your job 
Mental illness can be controlled with medicines 

2) court woukd not grant divorce on ground that wife is suffering from mental illness 
The only legal remedy you have is to file a petition for dissolution of marriage against her in the court to seek a decree of divorce. You should record her behaviour to collect evidence against her as it will not be a cakewalk for you in the court. 
This is a clear case of mental sickness and if the same information was withheld from you at the time of settlement of marriage that amount to misrepresentation of material facts.
So on this basis you can proceed to file suit for nullity of marriage.
Meet a local lawyer and do the needful.
If she is suffering from any mental illness then treat her with love and affection and consult with the doctor, if her illness is non curable then you may file a divorce otherwise not. Be a human and faith on God.

Whether your wife's behavior and nature is constantly the same hostile manner from the beginning till this date?

Did you try to get advise from a marriage counsellor?

Is she adamant to not to visit the marriage counsellor?

Let her father be politically influenced or anything, you cannot lose your valuable married life because of her hostile attitude.

You can first apply for judicial separation from her under section 10 of HMA, this you can do it even if you both reside under the same roof.

Ignore her and all her calls and remain silent to all her approaches, if at all she does so. 

Let she make a complaint with the police about any false issue, you can obtain AB and challenge her false claims accordingly. 

This will not hamper your employment, you need not be worried about this at all.

If she is suffering from mental illness can I file divorce notice on that ground...?

Ascertain her illness and find out that since when she is suffering from this mental illness.  
If she is found to suffer from the mental illness even before marriage, you may file  a petition for annulling the marriage  by a decree of nullity for suppressing the fact material to the marriage. 
You should be able to convince the court that you came to know about her mental illness only  recently, to cover the limitation period.