• Domicile eligibility

I was born in kerala. I am married to a man who was born in kerala but working in tamilnadu for the past  7 years. Am i eligible for domicile certidicate of tamilnadu to write NEET PG medical entrance this year?  Otherwise how can i get one
Thank you.
Asked 6 months ago in Constitutional Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) Women not originally belonging to a State/UT, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State/UT are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate.

2) since your husband is resident in Tamil Nadu for 7 years you can  obtain domicile certificate

3)  you are required to Collect the application form either online or from the local authorities, such as the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or Tehsildar’s office or Revenue Department or District Collector’s Office, or any other authority as specified in Tamil Nadu state. After that you need to fill the form completely and submit with required documents list along with it. Then you will be required to produce the residence proof of Tamil Nadu State for a specified period of time.

4) mportant Documents Required:

Permanently residence Proof (minimum 5 years)
Copy of Ration Card, Voter id card,  Sale Deed, Tax Receipt, etc.,
School Leaving Certificate
1) rely upon certificate from HR that yiur husband had worked for seven years fir the organisation 

2) rentals agreement ececutedwoththe licensor for said period to show that he has stayed in TN during said period 

1) To apply for domicile certificate  those applicants  living for more than 6 years in Tamil Nadu are eligible. 
2) Since you are .married to a man who is working in tamil nadu for 7 years, you are  eligible to apply for  domicile certificate in Tamil nadu. 
3) Your husband can provide a Certificate from HR to prove that he has been working for 7 years in tamil nadu. 
4) Even bank passbooks, rental agreements are proof that are good enough to apply for domicile certificate. 
5) Even neighbours can file affidavit stating that your husband has been living in tamil nadu for 7 years. 
6) Once you apply for a domicile certificate, a revenue officer will come and enquire in your neighbourhood and at that time even if 3 or 4 neighbours can certify that your husband has been resident of tamil nadu for more than 6 years that is good enough for the Mandal Revenue officer to issue you a Domicile certificate.
No worries at all and wishing you the best in NEET PG Medical Entrance exam.

The rental agreement is not treated as a proof of stay in most states, but you must contact a local lawyer as the rules of domicile are different in every state. I know the domicile rules in only my state and not Tamil Nadu, so consult a TN based lawyer.

The below link may prove helpful though.
https://indianreaders.com/threads/tn-gov-in-native-residence-domicile-certificate-in-the-state-of-tamil-nadu-procedures-fee-details-documents-required.2739/
The domicile depends on how you prove it. 
Your husband should be having his residential proof for having resided in Tamilnadu for so many years, so you can claim the eligibility on that basis being married and living with him.
My husband do not have any owned property in tamilnadu. He was staying in different rented apartments over these years. I am not working.  Wil a certificate from his HR will work  to prove that he was working in that company for 7 years? Also both of us do not have any voter id or ration card in chennai.we have only the current rental agrrement as address proof in tamilnadu.

The current rental agreement and the certificate from employer for having been employed continuously for seven years or more in Tamilnadu shall meet the requirement for the purpose of eligibility.